There are so many reasons for using dual Whatsapp on a single phone, taking for instances, in my case, I use two SIM cards from different network providers, some of my friends have the the ecconet SIM number while others have the netone SIM number.
To make sure I connect with all of my friends on Whatsapp, both SIM must be connected to a particular Whatsapp account. However, while many Android phones being released nowadays supports dual SIM, it’s not all of them that supports dual Whatsapp.
Without further do, let’s look at how you can use two Whatsapp in dual SIM phones.
Android phones that
supports dual App
Accessing dual Whatsapp settings on different Android phones
- Xiaomi– Settings >> dual Apps
- Oppo– Find your settings and then tap on Clone App
- Vivo– Go to your settings>> App Clone
- Asus-Settings>>Twin Apps
- Huawei and Honor– Click on your settings >> App Twin
- Samsung-go to advanced feature >>dual messenger
How to use Whatsapp for two numbers in dual-Sim Android phone
To start using dual Whatsapp on your Android phone, follow the below procedure, but remember, settings may differ from device to device.
If your phone does not work with the below settings, jump to the next method, for I am going to outline all the possible methods available.
- On your device, open dual App settings
- proceed and select the Application you are about to duplicate, “Whatsapp” in this instance.
- You will need to wait for a few seconds before the process finishes.
- Go to the second Whatsapp on the App launcher
- Verify it using your second cell phone number
- You are done, you have your second Whatsapp account on the same phone
You may notice that it’s not all Android phones that come with the dual App feature, there are still many of them with dual Sim slots but doesn’t support dual App, don’t worry, you can use third-part Apps like Parallel Space, DoubleApp etc.
There are so many Apps on the Play Store that you can install to enable the installation of dual Whatsapp on your phone but my top recommendation is Parallel Space
Parallel Space App is a great way to open a second account of any chat App like facebook, Whatsapp, WeChat etc. So if your Android phone does not have Dual App feature by default, Parallel Space has you covered.
To open a second
Now that you know what is required of you to install a second Whatsapp account using Parallel Space, lets move to next stage.
- Go to Google Play Store and install Parallel Space
- After you install the App, it will instantly take you to the clone page.
- Select Whatsapp and tap on the Add to Parallel Space button
- Click the Whatsapp icon in Parallel Space to start configuring it
- Enter the second mobile number you want your second Whatsapp account to be associated with
- Now click “next” to verify your phone number
As on the diagram above, on the left tap Add App. The page on the right will open, select Whatsap and click the bottom green “Add to Parallel Space” button, configure and verify.
That’s all, you are done. From now, you can access Whatsapp or any other chat App from Parallel Space App. The Application is free but with ads. The ads can be removed through a small subscription.
If the two options above didn’t work for you, you can install GB Whatsapp to open second Whatsapp account. You can run GB Whatsapp both on a dual SIM and single Sim.
GB Whatsapp GB the same as the regular Whatsapp but GB Whatsapp has some cool features like hiding the last seen, beautiful themes, and customization. You can also change icon and colors, which cannot be done with the regular Whatsapp.
The only negative side of this App is, it is not available on the Google Play Store, so you have to download it as an apk file, This pose a threat of malware accompanying the App since it will not be verified. There are, however, no sertious threats we have had from this Application.
How to download GB Whatsapp
- Make sure that the Sim you want to open an account with the App is correctly setup, ready for verification
- Download the apk file
- Head over to where you have stored the
apkfile on your device
- Open the
apkand install on your device
- Verify with your second Sim
- Congratulation, you are now running two Whatsapp accounntson your device
If you are running a regular Whatsapp account and you are wondering how you can open a second Whatsapp account for a different Sim card on a single device, this is another good option for you.
Using OGWhatsapp, there is no need to root your phone. The procedure for installing the App is simple and straight forward.
Withe your regular Whatsapp account already running on your mobile device, follow the below steps to set up a second Whatsapp account.
- Firstly, backup your Whatsapp data and then restore it
- Clear all your regular Whatsapp data, by going to your phone settings>>Applications>>select Whatsapp>>clear data
- Now, using any file manager on your mobile phone, rename /
sdcard/Whatsapp directory to sdcard/ OGWhatsapp
- Uninstall your official Whatsapp
- Proceed and install Whatsapp on your mobile device.
- Once you have installed the
OGWhatsapp, verify it with your old cell phone number.
- Congrats, you have made it
- The last step is to install the regular Whatsapp and verify it with the new SIM
- Now you have 2 Whatsapp accounts on your device
There are so many methods you can use to add two Whatsapp accounts on your Android device. We chose the methods above according to our experience. Also considering the simplicity and privacy and security in the use of the associated App.
If you have any question, please leave it in the comment box below and I will be more than happy to help